Discover your own caffeine shot

I didn't like the after taste of coffee when I was younger. But I didn't like chili or beer when I was younger too. As a child, I was puzzled by the fact that some people around me preferred chili sauce to tomato sauce, beer and coffee to coke. "Why would anyone prefer bitter or unpleasantly spicy stuff to sweet pleasures?" I thought. But things changed as I grew older.

After I moved to Taiwan to work at an Internet company, I started to drink coffee regularly. In retrospect, there were three factors that caused this behavior:
1) I began to appreciate the bitter taste more as I grew older.
2) Coffee was free at the workplace.
3) I often felt tired and coffee gave me mental boosts.

I have a weak stomach, so sometimes I end up spending a lot of time in the toilet if I have had too much coffee. Other than this problem, coffee usually sharpens my mind and is a catalyst that helps me to get into the state of flow at work. The stimulant helps me to be more focused and productive, and I end up more enjoyed with the task at hand.

It is so critical that we discover what our own passions and values are. Being in a career that one is passionate about and living a lifestyle that is aligned with one's values are like having a big good cup coffee every morning. I wish to get my life into the state of flow pretty soon. I'm going to make myself some coffee of life.

"Strong coffee"

Comments

Popular Posts