Think about what you've learned from your last romantic relationship

I've always enjoyed being alone in my room, with dim lights and music in the background. It first started in college. I managed to have a single dormitory room in my senior year. It was great. This kind of setting gives me a laid back, relaxed, calm, and sensual feeling. It usually helps to have a beer or wine too.

--

Relationships. How many romantic relationships have you been through so far? It is my belief that 99% of relationships begin and end the same way. The context may be different, but the emotional stimuli are the same. Beginnings are always filled with joy, excitement, and irrationality. At the beginning, "This person whom I admire finds me attractive too" - what a feeling of happiness and joy. At the end, "Why does it have to end this way? Where has the love disappeared to?" - what a feeling of disappointment, bitterness, and sadness.

Having being through a few relationships myself, I find that if we put aside the emotions, there is a lot that we can learn from each relationships that we go through. From what the other parties told me and from my post-reflections, I learn more about:
1. What aspects of me are attractive to others?
2. Where are the flaws in my personality?
3. What qualities tend to attract me?
4. What do I really want and need from a romantic relationship?
5. How can I improve in my dealings with conflicts in relationships?

With each relationship that we go through, we stand a chance to grow spiritually. With the aid of some self-reflection, we can learn more about a special aspect of ourselves that no other type of experiences can offer.

What you've learned from your last romantic relationship?

Little Love Story

Comments

  1. You are kind of like the columnist of Sex and the City

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts