Goodbye 2012.

Yeah, it is the time of the year to say goodbyes. Goodbye to all things happened in 2012. Thank you for being a part of my life. I'm glad that I survived.

This year, I've grown older, just like all the years before this. I hope I had not grown much heavier, but I'm sure that I did not grow any taller. And summarizes my life in 2012 physically.

I changed job, and I visited few places: Boracay, Kyoto, and Osaka. I also read a few books and took some classes online. Not too bad. I didn't waste the whole year on beer and oily food. For that I am thankful.

I want to achieve more in 2013. Much more. I'm going to live like I've never ever before, and here are my guiding principles.

Be wise.
I have enough life experiences and knowledge about myself by now. Focus on the things that truly matter to me and learn to let go of the rest. Accept and manage myself with more love and wisdom.

Be kind.
Life is bigger than oneself. We are all temporary forms of life taking place on this planet. May I bring, through my words and deeds, a little more happiness and a little less suffering to other lives that share this time-space with me. Be less blind to the less fortunate.

Be urgent.
My years are numbered. Sadly, I can no longer call myself a young man. My shoulder-aches and facial wrinkles remind me of this every single day. Oh, the neck pains and backaches too. If there's anything that I want to achieve or experience in my lifetime, I better start now. Each day should be valued. In fact, there's nothing more valuable to me than my time.

Be happy.
With all the aspirations and busyness of life, in the end, happiness and gratefulness are the best things one can truly own in life.

Comments

Popular Posts