Book review: Thinking strategically

It has been quite sometime since I last finished a book. Today I picked on an easy one. Easy as in thin. "Thinking strategically (Pocket Mentor)" by Harvard Business School Press.

Surprisingly, the tips that the author offers are more like basic tips to good decision making. Things like seeing the big picture, clarifying the objectives, gathering and analyzing information, and determining actions and priorities. I expected more.

Nevertheless, there is one good pointer that I especially like: identify the single most important information required before setting out to gathering information. Time is precious and information is everywhere. A smart decision maker has an idea of what he is looking for before he starts to search. This is one good thing I've learned from the book.

I'm going to step up on my reading. The pile of books on my chair is collecting dust. :)

Comments

Popular Posts